Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

New Bookshelves

From this:

To this:


I like. :)
A man from our church kindly made these bookshelves for us, for just a little more than the cost of the material.  Last week Gerald was busy staining and varnishing them to perfection. And this morning, amidst wrangling over our email account with Bell (sigh), the girls and I got the old shelves emptied and moved out of the way and these put in place.  We had 12 cubby-holes built  into one of the units.  In two of them are smaller shelves intended for storing different types of paper (lined/graph/construction/drawing) and for little wooden puzzles with pegs.

The other cubby-holes are for each of the kids to have their own place to keep their school books.

I'm so pleased with how they turned out and it will be great to have a place to keep everything organized.

5 comments:

Vanderpolclan said...

Oh I'm so happy for you. They look great!! I've no doubt you will enjoy them. Great job Gerald!

So, this Bell thing, I take it you spent some well-used time on the phone with them again?

Cindy

Carmen said...

Hi Cindy,
Our ordeal with Bell isn't over yet...but at least we have email again. They tell me bellnet.ca doesn't exist. They confuse me.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEAH
FROM MEGHAN

Ingrid said...

Those look great! Although, truthfully, the first set of shelves looked pretty neat and tidy to me too :)
Happy Birthday to Leah!

♥ Amy said...

What an improvement! I love the separate cubbyhole idea. I think I'm a bit jealous. ;)