Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Spring?!


No, not yet.  But we can pretend it is with the bright sunshine we've been enjoying and these lovely tulips that Gerald brought home yesterday.

We have a little joke at our house about what we're having for supper.  When I get tired of answering the same question, "What's for supper?" over and over I often say, "You'll see."  Then the kids tell each other, "We're having 'You'll See' for supper."   The other night Thomas chanted, "I love You'll See! I love You'll See!"  Then he stopped and frowned.  "But I don't love You'll See with mushrooms." :)

Thomas is such a funny little chatter-box, always asking questions, always trying to keep up with everyone else.  And, being two, his mind is growing faster than his body, so he has to climb up to do the things that he thinks he's big enough for.


Sometimes, even on a chair, he still has to be on tippy-toes to reach...



Why use your hands when it's faster to eat straight out of the bowl?

Yesterday Justine did her first dissection.  She'd been looking forward to it for a while.  She had a very interested audience while she peeled the skin back on this poor earthworm:

You'll understand why I insisted she wash her hands REALLY well before helping to peel the potatoes... :-P




   As you may have noticed, I finally got around to putting up a new header.  I think I will probably simplify it some day, but for now I've put everyone on it.

2 comments:

Vanderpolclan said...

We all LOVE the header!! Great job!!

Nice tulips. I'll have to get Tim to read that part of the post :).

Justine.....great job ... I think.

We are going to see the new baby tonight. Yes, you may be jealous.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys love reading your blog and your pictures are great keep smiling Diana