Kids + baking brownies = photo opportunites. Happy kids. Happy mom.
Some day I will learn to check my camera settings before starting...
The first few shots here were done with the wrong white balance.
Then I tried flash with the white balance set for flash.
Better than the first shots, but still not quite right.
Aha. I turned the flash off and set a custom white balance and I got realistic, bright colours, and winter morning sunlight.
All that, and some pretty cute pics, too.
Not impressed about big brother sneaking one more lick...This brownie recipe is the best. I was never a big fan of brownies until we found this recipe. A little bit chewy, not too cakey and very rich.
GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup. ground almonds
1/3 cup gluten free baking flour (such as Bob's Red Mill. We mix our own using coconut flour, corn starch and a pinch of guar gum)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped toasted almonds (optional)
In heat proof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate with butter. Let cool. Stir in sugar, eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth.
In separate bowl whisk together ground almonds, gluten-free flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and almonds. Spread in parchment paper-lined 8 in. square cake pan.
Bake in 350 F oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes up with a few moist crumbs clinging to it, 30-35 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack.
Cut into squares. Makes 20.





1 comment:
What a good helper you are TimTom!!
Thanks for showing the difference with the white balance. I'll have to show Mark so he can play with it on his pics.
BTW, I love your response to the lady at the grocery store. I'll have to keep that one in mind.
I picked up In Defense of Food. I'm sure it will lead to some good discussions.
Cindy
Post a Comment