Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

A bright idea...

"Hmm...maybe using a bunch of pencils will help me get this page done a little quicker..."

"Well, if that works for him, I'm gonna try it too..."

Leave it to the boys to think of that!

Actually, I remember that in school we would tape 3 or 4 pens together in a row to make writing lines go a little faster.
Do they still make kids write lines in school?  Just wondering...

4 comments:

jennstar said...

Oh, they probably do. See how it helped you in life...at least you still remember it!
What I am wondering, is how they managed to FIND that many pencils at one time! At our house, pencils make themselves wings and fly...somewhere. ;)

Vanderpolclan said...

I was thinking exactly what Jenny was thinking - how did BA come up with sooooo many pencils?

Cindy

Carmen said...

Well, it's like this. When people find out that we have a large family and we homeschool, they like to gift us with things they no longer need that we might find useful. A customer recently gave Gerald a lot of pencils, good quality ones that don't snap off easily. We don't normally lack for pencils, but it's usually a challenge to find one that wasn't thrown back into the bucket after the lead snapped. One of my pet peeves...grr.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Carmen,
Yes, they do still make you write lines in school!!
I only had to do it once however, in Grade 8, our whole class had eraser wars (pick off pieces of erasers and throw it at each other) so we each had to write 500 lines. And I remember people using more than one pencil as well!

Emma