The other day I stumbled across a shoe box of letters from my elementary school days along with an adorable letter holder that I got for my birthday years ago from my friend Lisa. (Remember, Lisa?) It was so much fun to read through the letters....from Lisa....Julia....Jean....Ann...even one from Ruth just after she moved to Holland! They brought back some wonderful memories. But I have to admit that I feel a little ashamed about how silly we were and yes, even quite catty. Regardless, what a treasure!
Here we must have been in first or second grade, posing for Miss VanWeerden, who thought our gapey smiles were charming enough for a photo...
Wishing you a great trip down memory lane. :)






5 comments:
Carmen, you are funny!!! I remember that letter holder. Quite the memories we have... yes, we were not always sweet and innocent! That picture is hilarious. I have one tucked away somewhere too. I love your blog. You're very good at taking pictures. Lisa :)
Very sweet! I am amazed at the quality penmanship in those letters!
SO which one is you? I'm sure once you say it I will know, but I don't see any features of your kids in this picture.
Cindy
I'm hiding behind a big smile (or is it more like a growl? The teacher said to show all our toothlessness and I was the obedient sort...at that age anyway ;) I'm in the back row on the left. Cute, huh?
hi carmen
silly picture ,i have it still to. sometimes on sunday i sit with the boys and look at my foto book and they always laugh at my silly glasses.... it was a nice time i have tried to find jean but till now no success. right now spring is in the air here in holland.. and the men havent gotten a chance to skate the 50 km on ice because a little week later the temperture had gone up... tippicule dutch weather...if you see lisa give her a hug from me.. it would be nice to get together as classmates... meat each others kids and shareing memories... do you remember whatching the black stallion ? at school one time i never forgot this film... and here in holland its not for sale so looked on internet and found the film with undertitels so the big kids could understand wat the film was about. And do you remember the teacher miss Bartsie ? who i called miss fartsie ? hahaha well got to go Matthias has to play a soccer game..love and in our prarys ruth
Post a Comment