Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Today...

A day in which...

...the alarm went off long before I was ready to wake up.

...I should have taken Tylenol hours ago.

...I am recommiting to my New Year's resolution to get to bed on time.

...the kids wrote letters, something they do every Monday morning instead of their regular writing program.  To Oma or Grandpa, a cousin or a friend.  Real life writing - with meaning, purpose and often with the reward of getting a letter in return. :)  We are thankful for the many godly relationships they have maintained through letter writing, especially with some elderly friends who share their lives and experiences with them.


...I learned that I can keep Nadia happy when she's on my lap and I am at the computer by feeding her a steady supply of chocolate.  Much the same way I keep myself happy through the day. :)

...Emily and Warren changed a stinky diaper for the first time. Hmm. I wonder if it had any connection with my new method of keeping Nadia happy?

...Thomas fed the Blue Jays on the front porch, calling out, "Hey, Blue Jays.  I have peanuts for you!"  They must have understood him because they ate them all up within minutes after he went back inside. 


...Brent rediscovered the joy of biking.

...we experience God's care and goodness over us.  We are blessed to live in a free country, on a beautiful property, to have opportunities to worship, learn, grow, enjoy friendships and so much more.

"This is the day which the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Wishing you a blessed day,

1 comment:

Lynnette VD said...

teehee I think we all keep happy with chocolate :)