Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Seven down...

...five to go. 

On Monday Nadia and I came down with a stomach 'bug' and it's making the rounds.  We knew it would.   And it's a nasty one.  While I was at my worst the girls kept things going, doing some of their school work, helping the boys with theirs, making meals, doing laundry, caring for Nadia.   Nadia, thankfully, had just a mild case of it.  I'm getting better slowly.  I know I'm feeling 75% better when the mess starts to bother me but I don't have the energy to do much about it. ;)  Now Gerald and four of the girls are down.  This morning we put together a pot of chicken soup - I've tried some and it's really good, possibly the best we've ever made.  Hopefully it will help to take the wobbles out of my legs and the shakes out of my arms, and eventually be appealing to those who aren't well now. 

Yesterday, when I was starting to come around, I enjoyed having the windows open a bit to let in the fresh air.  I could hear the sounds of the kids playing in the back yard, enjoying the fabulous weather.  They were also enjoying playing at the creek, or more accurately, in the creek, wading around in their crocs. Crazy.  But then, these are the same kids that chose to run around barefoot in the snow.  Maybe icy water doesn't feel too bad in comparison.  Leah and Thomas were sitting on a log over the creek that gave way, dumping them in the water.  Later, when Thomas was bathed and ready for bed, he came to my bedside to say good night and told me of his adventure.  I asked him, "Was it cold?"  He said, "It was wet." He's made of tougher stuff than I am.

The other day Nadia had another first:


I know, I know, I'm pushing it.  But after four boys, I'm allowed a little hair fussing, aren't I?

3 comments:

Vanderpolclan said...

Oh dear, I was really hoping for you it would not make it through everyone. Thankfully it is a fast one (as if that is any consolation when you are sick).

Ummm, yup, that pony is pushing it - cute - but pushing it.

Cindy

jennstar said...

Hope you are all feeling better soon. We just did a flu a couple of weeks ago - the getting sick part did not last long, but it also left us feeling weak and wobbly for a few days. We have progressed on to sharing a cold around. ;)
This too will pass.
Love the little pig-tail. Such dear, fine, baby fuzz. :)
Jenny

Annie Kate said...

I hope you're all over the flu by now.

Only one of us has had it so far and it was not fun. But, that was on Monday, and the rest of us are still fine. Maybe we'll escape!

I LOVE that pony tail!

Annie Kate