Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy birthday, little girl!

Yesterday we celebrated Nadia's first birthday with cupcakes, a real novelty here. Since some of us started on a gluten-free diet  about 6 years ago, we have not had a cake recipe that would work for cupcakes.  We tried a new one the other day (find it here) and it worked out quite well.  The GF boys were so excited to actually get a cupcake.  I think there will be more requests for these on birthdays. :)

It seems that Nadia will be left-handed - surprising since no one else in our family is.  I was surprised when I looked at this next picture and saw her using her right hand - but then I realized it was because Gerald had just shown her what to do with her new toy, then put the stick in her right hand.
Having a little fun with Thomas...
At the playground...


How we love this little girl.  Our prayer is that she will continue to grow in health and happiness and that she would learn to know and love the LORD and serve Him with her whole heart.

3 comments:

Vanderpolclan said...

She is getting so big. Love the hat in the last picture :) It looks like she gets along with Thomas well. Such a cutie!!

Cindy

jennstar said...

I am so glad he cupcakes turned out! :) I know what that means to the kids to have something "normal-like" for a birthday.
We have 4 lefties in our family - a majority of the children! Neither Steve or I are left, but some of our family is. It does make some teaching interesting. I must have adjusted though because I was teaching one of our right handed little ones to do things left! ;)

Cinnamon said...

Thanks for the cuppie cake link. I love Jenn's recipes and I will have to try that out soon~

Great pictures of everyone~

~Cinnamon